Welcome to AWS Roundtable page
In 2022 we will organize multiple AWS Roundtable sessions. A Roundtable session is the extraordinary opportunity to meet colleagues and exchange ideas in an informal setting. The perfect place to hear from another CFO how he or she handles the challenges you face within the changing role of the CFO.
The Roundtables take place at one of our CFO Community events or in the 2 Michelin stars awarded restaurant Aan de Poel in Amstelveen. The view over the water, which is every season a feast for the eyes, comes for free. On your other hand is the view over the open kitchen where you can see the chefs making their magic. The perfect atmosphere for a discussion combined with a first class gastronomically trip.
Please find below our calender of RoundTable sessions.
Culture of Innovation
The wishes of customers are constantly changing, as are the technological possibilities. This means that organizations have to constantly reinvent themselves to remain relevant in their market. While innovation has long been a buzz word, it has now become a strategic priority for many companies. Yet innovation is often elusive. Only a handful of companies manage to be truly disruptive in their market. But innovation can be learned is the motto at Amazon Web services. It is possible to get innovation in your DNA with a structured approach. In this Round Table session you will hear how.
Date: 13 April 2022
Time: to be determined
Location: TivoliVredenburg, Utrecht
Event: FM Dag
Speaker: Luc Hennekes
Public Cloud as the central tool to meet the broad challenges of operations and performance of modern CFO’s
- The importance of cloud as a common platform to connect best of breed solutions and functionality to create a single instance of truth.
- Better information integration: exploring the possibilities of breaking data silo’s.
- Getting an optimal user experience and decreasing vendor lock-in by hooking best-of-breed software solutions into your central ERP.
- How a common cloud platform requires a cross-functional product team in order to get the most out of your investment.
Date: 24 May
Time: From 08.00 - 10.00 hrs
Location:Capital C, Amsterdam
15.00 Reception with coffee and tea
15.30 Welcome word on behalf of the finance community
15.40 Introduction special guests and drop theme
15.45 Round table discussion
17.00 Wrap-up and summary
17.15 Drinks and short speech AWS
Powering agile experimentation by transforming the company operating model and fueling growth projects that keep you ahead of the competition.
- Putting the customer are the center of what everyone does.
- Rapid iteration and short customer feedback loops at the heart of business and digital innovation
- Speed matters: how to protect your company and combat risk through agile iteration and quickness of development.
- Embracing virtual, cross-functional, product teams instead of an operating structure based on functional hierarchy.
Date:1 June 2022
Time: 15.30 - 17.00
Location: Grand Hotel Huis ter Duin, Noordwijk aan Zee
Event: CFO Day
Maintaining the human horsepower to grow: how to survive as a business through attracting, keeping and retraining talent.
- Why hiring and retaining talent should be on the agenda of any C-level executive.
- Why companies with a product team model are more attractive to the Millennial or Gen-Z generations.
- Should all your employees belong to virtual teams or does a hybrid model make more sense
- Rethinking career progression: how to make sure both team management roles and technical individual contributor roles have a fulfilling career path.
Date: 10 november 2022
Location: Gooiland Hilversum
Event: Leadership in Finance Summit 2022
Speaker: Paul van der Heijden
Moderator: Arvid Buit
How to redefine risk and reward to create a company culture that thrives on experimentation and innovation.
- Experimentation and innovation as the driving force of becoming and staying the category leader.
- Why companies that totally re-think how risks and rewards are viewed are more successful.
- How to setup architecture, operations and processes so that it enables innovation, instead of slowing it down.
- The rise and fall of empires: how to make sure your company does not crumble from bureaucracy and overhead.
Date: 15 november
Time: 18:00 uur
Location: Restaurant Aan de Poel, Amstelveen
Speaker: Luc Hennekens
Moderator: Arvid Buit